Saturday, March 9, 2013

Vaccine and blue earplugs

The visit to Cloud Nine was great. We could not ask for a better pediatrician. Lil Baba got his week 10 shot and screamed so much it felt like someone stabbed a knife in my chest.  The mom gene activated and the remedy is always holding the baby close to heart.

He kept on screaming throughout the night, which is normal. Try telling me that !!! My sister told me that I would be the kind of mom I would be, ie find ways to make it work for me and here is my tip when you feel the tingling panic creeping up on you when your bundle of joy is screaming.

Use earplugs. ...don't stick them in all the way. Just enough so you can still hear everything and at the same time block some of the highest pitch out.  I use earplugs because it makes me more calm. If I am calm, then it is so much better in these situations. Before this, I felt my heart was shred to pieces and even started crying myself when Baba cried at the doctor's.

Man, did I feel stupid at that time but he just calmed me by saying - No mother can take her child crying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment