Monday, March 25, 2013

In laws

My in laws arrived in the middle of the night. They're staying here for two weeks,  mainly to behold the wonder their first grandchild.  That's just standard protocol.

Since we had no time to give the short crash course of "what to do and not to do", I told my husband:

- You have to tell them because our caretaker is here.
- But I don't want wake them up, so I'll lock them in the room.
- Yea! That's a great idea (not), but if you think it's better. .well it's your parents. Can you at least slide a note under the door?
- Ok, here it is.

Note: Don't walk (like that is possible now) out of the room without clothes on.

Swedes are more relaxed in terms of clothing.  We don't walk around naked, but it's not weird for us to see each other in pajamas or just underwear especially since it's so hot for us here. I know that would never happen in India! My husband and I have adapted to this culture, but we'll have to give them the crash course....

...when we unlock them from the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment