Monday, March 11, 2013

But I am very very old!

That is what our 52 year old baby caretaker told us when we fired her. No one likes to fire a person,  but she covered her health issues and one day almost fainted in our living room. Did I panic or what?! She was the one who carried my newborn around in the apartment,  and we have stone floors.  You can get the thoughts that went through my head.

Not only did I have to discover that she had bad eyesight,  a bad back,  coughing,  and then this...low bp (blood pressure). I was like a roaring lion and had to let my husband talk to her after that incident.  Man, I could have physically beaten her! Her own desperation for a job made her lie to her teeth and put my baby in jeopardy.  I thank God for my laser eyes that pick up on all the details in my surrounding. Yes,  she did try to cover the fainting episode also, but I saw.

After we fired her, boy did she yell on the phone trying to get money.  I got so pissed that she had to sign a contract stating that she would never make any more claims or contact us, ever again.

But that sentence stuck in my mind. - But I am very very old.

For a swedish person,  52 is not so old. People work until they are 65, and then live until like 85 (less or more). So when I read an ad looking for an elderly nanny in her 40s...I got to think and revalute myself.

Dude,  I'm almost 40....elderly lady..don't think so hahaha.

Did some research and got the conclusion that 52 is old...in India. People die much younger here.

No comments:

Post a Comment