Monday, March 18, 2013

Complicated Easy

Life here is complicated and easy at the same time.  Having a nanny and soon also a chef (haha) when you're just a house wife is a dream for many, a dream that is our reality. Since my body needs a lot of rest to function,  the nanny is crucial for me. Those days I've been up all day with Baba, my back is like a Swiss foldable pocket knife.

So what do I do then. Well,  everything is complicated and takes time. Last week I wanted to go to Mothercare (a children's store) at one of the biggest malls. ..this took an entire afternoon.  The cab driver did not find it, traffic was bad and then the usual hassle in every store....

Lots of clerks who don't know anything of the products the sell. They don't listen to your needs and show all the wrong items.  They want to sell me the entire store or at least the most expensive of everything. ...

Then finally at the cashier.  Ok, the card machine is not working.  Someone has to run a get another one. Then no connection,  then yes connection but slooooow. Like this all the time. 

The ultimate example is this. One of Indias biggest water companies (you have to buy drinking water) has an online order page.  I have ordered 3 times online where no one has showed up on slotted time,  actually not showing up at all.  So I had to call the switchboard,  be connected to the local water guy who then needed all the details again. Conclusion. ..no matter how modern it seems it always boils down to making and receiving lots a phone calls to some local man.

No comments:

Post a Comment