Thursday, March 21, 2013

Injection

I met a US lady with pain problems at the doctor's office yesterday.  It felt so good talking to someone who knows how it is. She said something that sums up the problem.

- After the injection I felt no pain and my entire body relaxed.  Then I realized how much constant stress my is under. That the pain keeps my body in constant tense panic mode and how it tears me down.

That is exactly how it is! The pain sends signals to the brain around the clock. It affects mood,  patience and makes me exhausted,  yet hyper at the same time.

The doctor (who is top of the top. She said it as well) wants to give a spinal injection that blocks the nerves down my left hip and leg. He wanted me to think about it. He is realistic and I like that. He doesn't promise a miracle,  but says that an overall program of massages, rest, exercise,  ergonomics,  medicines (I want minimum yet function since life goes on) will help for management of the pain.

So now I'm thinking about it and will do pro con research online.

No comments:

Post a Comment