Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Anger, Lies, Love, Smile

Ok, before you get angry at me for being frank, please read til the end.

I have been going through the phase when you're angry at everything in your new country.  People always try to cheat us, they literally worship money,  can only take orders and not think longer than the length of their nose. Women are treated so poorly here and I can't stand the chauvinism here. Poor moral and lack of respect for others are other issues that have driven me nuts for some months.  Just thus saying...

Baby girl, little happiness but Baby boy, FULL happiness!!

Lying is the standard.  If you're late...then some emergency happened.  If you don't know. ..you say it's not possible. I went to buy a rose gold chain yesterday and the lady said they didn't have any, but I knew they did so I took the elevator to second floor and bought my chain.  Why was she so clearly saying they didn't have any? I'm a customer that could have left!  Another man said that rose gold did not exist in India.  Not true.  My belief states "The truth shall set you free".

Two weeks ago I decided that bull...t time was over and that I would take no more crap, but also felt peace and acceptance of the culture here. I can not sit on a high horse and be a judge. Life is very difficult here if you are poor. On the way back, I peeped out the window at the Auto/Rikshaw drivers and I saw sad faces, years of mistreatment and hardship.  I saw the little boy who cried for his mama and the hard words that had whipped them throughout life. I felt so much love for people,  the human being that is loved by God. I love being here now.  Going with the flow. How can I look at people through my Swedish goggles?  I have to put myself in their shoes and actually think longer than the tip of my own nose!

Indian people are beautiful. I saw a small family, very tanned from sun and dirty from hard work. ..but when the woman smiled with love at her husband. ..her crisp white teeth in contrast to the dark skin. Wow! Pure, innocent beauty in a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment