Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Selfish and Unselfish

In my view,  this topic is such a paradox in India. When I meet people in the street or anywhere,  they are extremely selfish and has total lack of respect to a fellow human being.  I can sit and wait for hours for a delivery,  but once the delivery man is here; HE is upset that I take 5 min to come down. Especially if he has called saying that he'll "leave now", be there in "20 min" ....like 3 hours ago. You get my point?

Within the Indian family,  the complete opposite applies.  If two sisters have a job for example,  they pay for the entire family. Everything. They don't keep a single rupee to buy something for themselves. 

I guess the selfish outside world in some way forces the families to stick together.  I mean if you can't trust government, the police,  a stranger. ....only family is left.

No comments:

Post a Comment