Thursday, April 11, 2013

Yelling mama

I told our caretaker that each outing with Baba is an experience because people come up to him, trying to touch him and lots of stuff.  Of course they don't do it to be mean. ..but I draw the line here. I refuse to adapt to the culture in this aspect.

Why? First of all.  In my own country it's sooo rude. I would never ever try to take a baby from a mother's arm or touch it without asking the parent.  Secondly it is me. I don't want random people touching him period.  I don't know if they have washed their hands or just took a dump in the bathroom.
Ok so the first thing that happens at Cloud Nine (even before entering) is an elderly man who bends down to start cuddle with Baba. Like a cobra I yell at him to stop and eventually has to use force to get his hands of Baba.

And dude, I know. ..Indian respect for elderly,  women and men etc. So maybe I'm doing the unthinkable as a woman. ..yelling to an elderly man, but since he shows me utterly and zero respect totally intruding not even paying any whatsoever attention to me being there....then I don't care.

Enough is enough.  No touching my Baba. Every day I accept and adapt to Indian ways, but when this happens. ...you meet a Yelling mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment