Tuesday, April 23, 2013

In your face

Today I saw them at the restaurant. Five oversized men, wagging around with huge bellies only outshined by the fat gold rings that covered their fingers. Then I saw them parked in a line under the majestic tree corridor by the park. Stick like men, sleeping, trying to find comfort on the small passenger seat in the back of their autos.

It's so in your face. Poverty. ..bam, rich....bam, hardship. ..bam, life and death.

The first time I ever saw a dead person was here, in India.  I saw an adorned truck slowly moving along the street slightly tilted by the crowd standing in the back. When I looked more closely,  there he or she was; a shell of a human being.  Dead like a stone. Nothing left. No life, dreams or anything.

That's it. We all live,  we all die and when we go....we can't bring our bank accounts,  houses, fancy cars or gold. We die the same,  rich and poor.  So my question is, why don't we see each other when we live? Why don't we share more? What kind of world is this when some humans eat in gluttony and some starve. 

Honestly. There is no excuse in the world that will convince me that this is right.

Well...I mean, when it's so in your face! 

No comments:

Post a Comment