Tuesday, October 22, 2013

St Thomas and Me

Ever since I began studying the Bible,  I always identified myself with the disciple Thomas. He was the one who wanted to see with his own eyes that Jesus was resurrected,  ie he could not believe unless he saw it himself.  Ok, big J gave him a lesson on true faith and there's a lot more to the story.

My path as Christian is kind of in the same spirit as Thomas.  I had to see with my own eyes because I'm usually a very rational scientific type of person who always wants all the facts.

Then how on earth could I miss this one?! Haha. It's so funny the paths in which we are led. Ok, so we visit Chennai and I ask a woman about "some church someone told me about". We go there and the only thing I think about is that it's nice and fully white,  hmm funny I'm also dressed in fully white by chance.

We enter the reception and I see a sign "St Thomas Tomb".....what!!!!??? Is this that church! The Santhome Church is raised over the tomb of Thomas who went to India.  I felt completely knocked off my feet. I had no clue.  I may not ever visit Chennai again. ..but I got to see this after two of the most difficult and victorious weeks of my life. 

WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment