Friday, October 11, 2013

People of Sweden!

I'm sitting here in an auto.  When I go home, I will clean out the black from inside of  my nose.  I will scrub the grey from my feet and change clothes. 
We say we know that we have beautiful nature and that we appreciate it,  but I guess it's not until "it's no longer there" that I realized that it's in my genes,  Swedish nature is like air. It's just there, I need it to survive. ...and I took it for granted.
Bangalore was the garden city, but it has been destroyed.  Filled with garbage,  pot holes and toxic smoke from ancient vehicles;  Bangalore explodes into a construction frenzy to make a name as the IT city. It leaves me wondering. ..Garden City or IT City. ...hmm.
I miss fresh air and being able to walk barefoot on clean grass.  I miss our beautiful nature,  clean lakes, real laked the sound and smell of a forest in spring. I miss hiking and drinking water from the tap without being afraid of whatever toxic is filtered through the water.
Yes I've chosen to live here and love this country.  There are other areas where India is better than Sweden. ..but when it comes to nature....It makes me sad that humans just bulldozer down what is there for free in the name of profit margins. We will be the losers in the end, or maybe our children.
Gloomy picture yes, but true.  We just don't think about it because daily life is daily life and I guess it hurts on the inside.  It's like you know we (humans) are destroying the planet but we're stuck. Don't know what to do. It's to big or to difficult to take to heart.
I can still go back to nature's paradise but people here live this pollution every day. It's not fair. 
Sorry for the sad blog today but sometimes you have to discuss something serious.
The picture has nothing to do with this. It's just a beautiful contrast of the old mill building and the new MC.

No comments:

Post a Comment