Sunday, October 13, 2013

Longing home

I'm longing home....very much so. It's like my heart is in terrible ache to leave and go back to Sweden.  To see all the beautiful colors of fall, leaves turning orange,  yellow and burning red. I checked a friend's pics from Sweden this morning and there it was....orange, yellow and burning red.

I felt like, what on earth am I doing here? I must miss a screw up there or something.  On the other hand are the things I like also here, well, just pick my breakfast for instance.  Sprouted Ragi boiled in milk with some sugar(very South India.  It's some "hirsch". Not that I know what that is either.) Amul butter. ..mmm...very tasty, especially on a toast on this yellow bread.  Yum!

Every foreign person feels this now and then.  I felt it when I lived in the US also.       Being homesick. My homesickness is on its peak right now.

I've also realized that I would never want to be a famous person, especially the stares of people everywhere you go. Unwanted attention as soon as you step outside the door,  and even sneaking in the back door through Internet. I told my husband this morning that I was even thinking about covering myself,  my hair and face when I go outside. Seriously.

What type of events lure in ones baggage when you start feeling like this?

(Ok so this is not my prime week in India,  but life can feel like this wherever you are. The sun is not shining all the time)

No comments:

Post a Comment