Thursday, February 6, 2014

Visit of the day

We live right next to the Veterinary University of Bangalore.  Ok, I didn't go there, but on their premises is an animal shelter.  Why did I go? There's a street dog in horrible shape and I just need to do something. ...pay for treatment or just something. 

So my friend Google showed this shelter and soon I found myself inspecting a huge shelter with dogs, cats and farm animals.  As you can imagine,  their needs are great. Food, supplies,  wood boards for the dogs to sleep at. Volunteer help taking dogs for a walk,  bathing them,...the list goes on. Now I'm somewhat overwhelmed.  In a place where people struggle to survive,  animals come second. 

Should I get involved or not. Should I sponsor something?  It always this when you step into the situation of the needy...humans or animals. ..the demands are huge. Help me, help me..their eyes cry to me and I want to save them all. I start dreaming of being rich like Bill Gates. What good I could use the money for. Head spinning and spinning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment