Friday, February 28, 2014

It's NOT ok!!

Background: A rare complication called "Dry Socket" from extraction of a molar tooth. This is considered one of the most painful complications since the nerves and bone is completely exposed.

I am sitting in the reception. A cotton ball with medicine has been placed in the Dry Socket and the pain makes my toes curl. 

- I need pain killer now. This is unbearable.
- Ooo, the Dr needs to give
- Ok, tell the Dr

The nurse walk in to the Dr office and returns

- Did you tell the Dr?
- It's ok
- NO, it's NOT ok
- It's ok
- NO IT'S NOT OK. Did you tell the Dr.
- Yes

20 minutes passes....I look at her

- It's OK
- No, it's not ok. Do you even speak English?

Another nurse comes in.

- Hi, I need to speak to the Dr.
- Ooo, he's out for lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment