Saturday, July 20, 2013

Lame Lazy Lying Low Lifes

Why are so many things a headache here? Since moving to India, I've started analyzing and thinking about logistics a lot because it truly is bad here.

My washing machine broke down on Sunday. The technician came on Monday and said he would return on Tuesday and fix the machine. It is now Saturday. Why have I been waiting, waiting, waiting....calling customer service numerous times? Why has not the technician bothered to inform me of his delay?... instead saying - I will come today, tomorrow, in a few hours. 100% I will come today etc. Why is it so difficult to know that words matter and treat others (me) the same way the technician would like to be treated. I have a baby and need to wash his things all the time. I've also been waiting for cooking gas, basically the same story.

Then the scooter delivery man who tried to cheat me on money and the put on a huge performance when I said that I had bought a very expensive scooter and was not going to pay him anything except the auto fare.. Or the auto driver who stalked my auto 10 km because I did not want to go in his auto when he tried to make me pay 4 times the fare. Or the person who stole my bicycle.

It's like people are stuck in snail like behaviour called laziness. Manjana, manjana, who cares. I'll show up whenever it suits me.

Then the cab services I book one hour before needed because they are always late...or never show up, like this Tuesday when I was taking my son to his music class. When the cab was a no show, or "the car broke down", "sorry mam" bla bla bla...it took me three hours to calm down. Why? When I see my sons happy face, shyly and really enjoying the song and dance in this class...then it makes me furious when the jerk cab drivers have no morale, ethics and blatantly lie to me.

Jerks are everywhere of course, but today I'm in a really bad mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment