Saturday, June 15, 2013

Money Tree

That western people have a money tree at home. ..is something many local people think and many westerners talk about.

It's a misconception just like there are polar bears walking on the streets in my country for instance.It's relative of course like almost everything in the world.  If I compare myself to a really poor person...yes...but the frustrating thing if you happen to be a westerner is that many people try to take advantage of you because "you have unlimited money", ie a money tree.

A very wise man, lets call him S, once said that "the love for money is the root of all evil". That is global. ..people all over the world chase money.

In my life I've had money and I've been poor. Today we went to a bank to open up a savings account.  It was jam packed with people and when I spoke to the girl at the information desk, she said - you can go in there and wait. A few seconds later, my husband and I sit by ourselves in the Gold Lounge. People start looking at us...so money tree. ..you get it.

The thing about money is that "the money language" is also global. Everyone understands it, everyone wants it, talks it, some master it, are victims of it,  abuse it, needs it, chases it....money talks basically.

I still agree with S. The love for money is the root of all evil. Actually, this wise man said many things I agree with.  Do you know who I'm talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment