Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Choose between the plague or cholera

is a Swedish idiom that basically means that you have to make a choice between two bad things, in my case go to the dentist or have pain and 2 ruined teeth.

Here's a list of other expressions we use, well in Swedish, but I'm sure you can find the translation somewhere.

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_%C3%B6ver_svenska_idiomatiska_uttryck

I did my emergency root canal of two teeth in one sitting the day before we had to go to Delhi. We had planned that trip a long time with the purpose of arranging a passport for Lil Baba at the Swedish embassy, so I bit into the sour apple (check another idiom to figure that one out) and did whatever necessary to be able to fly there. Well, we made it and now we're back and since I did not want the treatment process to "pour into the sand", I started as soon as I got back. This week's calender is basically fully booked with my plague and cholera....and everything else is put on hold. I dislike the dentist sooooo much, so to "pour salt in my wounds" .....it costs tons of money, it hurts, AND you have to go there unless you want a smile filled with gaps.

The same day my teeth started hurting, Lil Baba got his first tooth!! haha. I feel proud, like I did something and he is rightfully irritated with mommy who keeps on looking him in his mouth all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment