Thursday, August 22, 2013

A mother's love

Dude. I love my baby!  I really really love him! It's been such a struggle during and after pregnancy with my health and the QUEST of losing baby weight and getting back into shape.

"First you feel the results,  then you see them" says a lady in one of my exercise dvd's. I've said this one liner to myself every day.  Losing a lot of weight, working out 3 times every week as a new mom takes willpower....especially when you're so tired all the time.  Lack of sleep is torture for a person who needs a lot of sleep.

I'm so proud of myself now when my body is getting strong and I'm starting to feel like myself again.

Yesterday when I held lil Baba, I felt for the first time - now I've adjusted to being a mother and he is a part of this family.  He is accepted.

What do you mean by "accepted". I'm telling the truth only.  Becoming a parent is the most life changing event ever...especially for a woman because she carries the baby for nine months and then her body has to heal which takes longer than you might think,  at least for me. On top of this you have a new human being in your care. Someone who is completely dependant on you, helpless.  It's huuuge! This is life, creating a new life. ....wow.

So an overwhelming and lengthy process of adjusting myself to motherhood is now at peace.  Inner peace.  Joy, excitement and comfort.  I love my baby and my husband, and they love me.

Today is a good day. I've been to the tailor to get a sari stitched.  I have this hour to just do nothing.  I have time to take a nap in the afternoon.  Then I will cuddle and play with my baby.  I will kiss his neck and hold him tight.

I am truly an "auspicious" person ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment